Logging into CGU’s Canvas:
- Users with a CGU user name:
- Users with a guest CGU Canvas account: cgu.instructure.com/login/canvas
- your guest account’s user name is an email address you provided
- if you copy or type in the web address, please be sure to type or copy the ENTIRE web address
- If you have problems logging into Canvas, please see this web page for help.
- System Requirements
- Browser Support
- Canvas Documentation
- How do I get help as a student?
*** You can also contact the Digital Learning Lab for training and consultations.
- How do I get help as an instructor?
*** You can also use the CGU Online Faculty Resource Center in Canvas.
- How do I use the Canvas for iOS app on my iPhone?
- How do I use the Canvas app on my Android phone?
- CanvasLIVE: free Canvas training and sharing of knowledge via webinars, including recordings of previous webinars
- New Canvas features and enhancements
Getting Started for Instructors
Canvas Interface Overview (video)
Course Setup Checklist
Getting Started for Students
Resources by Course Type
Web Facilitated courses have 1% to 29% of their content delivered online. This type of course uses web-based technology to facilitate what is essentially a face-to-face course. These courses use a course management system (CMS) or web pages to post the syllabus and readings, for example. Click here to see a list of suggested tools for Web Facilitated courses.
Blended/Hybrid courses have 30% to 79% of their content delivered online. This type of course blends online and face-to-face delivery. A substantial proportion of the content is delivered online. These courses typically use online discussions and include some face-to-face meetings. Click here to see a list of suggested tools for Blended/Hybrid courses.